- 26.3% reduction achieved relative to our 2005 baseline.
- Delivered the second cruise ship in the world to be powered by liquified natural gas (LNG) while in port.
- Expanded partnership with Shell to fuel North America’s first LNG-Powered Cruise Ships.
- Continued partnership with Wärtsilä to drive further gains in engine efficiency.
Exhaust Gas Cleaning Technology
- 62% of fleet equipped with Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems.
- Named winner of Lloyd’s List Americas 2017 Cleaner Safer Seas Solutions Award for Clean-Air Commitment.
- Increased fleet wide capacity coverage by 6.2 percentage points.
Cold Ironing Capacity
- 43% of fleet equipped with cold ironing capabilities.
- 4.0% increase in water efficiency.
- 3.7% reduction in waste rate.
Guest and Crewmember Health, Safety & Security
- Implemented a Psychometric Evaluation Program.
- Continued to support research to test the efficiency of disinfection products against norovirus.
Diversity & Ethics
- Continued to build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Together with Catalyst (the leading US nonprofit with a mission to expand opportunities for women) we made a pledge to support the advancement of women’s leadership and diversity in the workplace.
- Together with Executive Leadership Council (ELC – the leading US organization working to empower black corporate leaders) we made a pledge to support and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Business Partner Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Continue to deploy a Supplier Evaluation Questionnaire within our supply chain.
- Announced commitment to support responsible chicken sourcing practices.
- Pledged up to $12 million for hurricane relief and rebuilding efforts.
- Started a partnership with Mercy Ships.
- Continued partnership with The Nature Conservancy.
- Continued support to the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture.
NOTE: In 2017 we included the United Nations Sustainable Development goals that best aligned with our 2020 goals.